First Time Home Buying
There are a lot of decisions to be made when it comes to purchasing a home, but before you start thinking Ranch or Colonial, you'll want to follow these 3 important steps to ensure a smooth, efficient, and enjoyable first time home buying experience.
Step 1: Pre-Approval
You first need to determine what you can afford. With the help of your Loan Officer, you will be able to get pre-approved for a mortgage and have a set budget in mind to help with house hunting.
- Monitor your credit report and check for errors
- Get Pre-Approved with your Loan Officer
Step 2: Work With a Real Estate Agent
Once you have your pre-approval letter from your lender, you are one step closer to finding your new home with the help of a Real Estate Agent. An Agent not only can help you find the right home, but will also help you get it for the right price. Get recommendations from your friends and family for a quality agent that can be trusted to help you make one of the most important purchases of your life.
- Consult your Real Estate Agent with your new homes wish list
- Search for the right home by attending open houses with your Agent
- When you find a home, work with your Agent on making an offer
Step 3: Financing
Once your offer is accepted, you are ready to move forward with the mortgage process. You will start by filling out the loan application and provide all necessary documentation to your lender. Once you have decided on the details of your loan such as term, program and rate, your loan will move through the approval process and make its way to closing.
- Work with your lender to determine loan program, term, and rate
- Loan moves from Processing to Underwriting to Closing
- After loan approval and closing you will officially be a homeowner
For more information or questions about buying a home for the first time, please contact us any time.