Last Updated: January 25, 2021
Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp. (“Draper & Kramer,” the “Company,” “we,” or “us”) understands the importance of maintaining consumer privacy and complies with its obligations to protect consumer privacy, as set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to provide California residents with information regarding certain rights that the residents have under the CCPA and to explain Draper & Kramer’s information collection and sharing practices of Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA. For the purposes of this CCPA Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
California Resident’s Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA affords California residents the following rights, and Draper & Kramer has implemented procedures to ensure that California residents are afforded these rights:
- The right to know both by category and by specific pieces of information, what Personal Information is collected, used, shared or sold;
- The right to deletion consumers can generally demand that the Company, as well as its business service providers, delete Personal Information that is retained by the businesses. If you make a request to delete information, we may require verification of your identity and a confirmation that you would like your data deleted. However, the Company is not required to delete information where the information is needed in order to provide a service requested by the consumer if the Company has a regulatory requirement to retain the data, or if we need to maintain the data for any legal or regulatory purposes;
- The right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information. While this is a right under the CCPA, note that Draper & Kramer does not sell Personal Information;
- The right to access a free copy of all Personal Information collected on a consumer by the Company, which we share with consumers, when requested, after verifying a consumer’s identity; and
- The right to equal service and pricing, even if a privacy right is exercised under the CCPA. The Company will not deny any goods or services to a consumer who chooses to exercise his/her rights under the CCPA. Additionally, we will not charge or propose that a consumer receive different prices or rates for goods or services, or a different level of service or quality of goods or take any other measures to discriminate against a consumer for exercising his/her rights under the CCPA.
How to Exercise CCPA Rights
If you are a California consumer, you can exercise any of the rights set forth above or submit any questions pertaining to this CCPA Privacy Notice by taking any of the follow steps:
- Contacting a Draper & Kramer customer service representative at 630-376-2100;
- Sending the Company an email at email@example.com; or
- Sending the Company mail to: Attn: Compliance, Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp., 1431 Opus Place, Suite 200, Downers Grove, IL 60515
You may also appoint a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State to exercise your rights under the CCPA, so long as you have authorized the natural person or business entity to act on your behalf subject to the requirements.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect
Draper & Kramer collects Personal Information for a variety of reasons, one of which being to provide individual financial products and services to its customers. Below are the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects that relates to, describes, identifies, could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, or is capable of being associated with you, as a consumer:
Personal Unique Identifiers
Examples: Full name, alias, postal address, online identifiers, account name(s), driver’s license, email address, Social Security number, and/or other similar identifiers.
Examples: Financial account numbers, credit scores, phone number, employment history, employer, education, insurance policy numbers, and/or other similar personal information.
Examples: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, and/or other purchasing histories like account number property details, and/or other purchase information.
Examples: Marital status, sex, racial or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, religion or creed, and/or other protected classifications.
Examples: IP address, browsing history, information regarding interaction with our websites, advertisements, etc.
Examples: Employer details, position held, years of employment, etc.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from California residents both directly and indirectly, depending on our relationship with the specific California resident.
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents or their agents through details that you/your agent provide to us, to our loan officers, and/or through our website(s). For example, we collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Paper applications for a loan where you provide information such as employment history, contact information, income information, etc.;
- Telephone conversations that you have with Draper & Kramer employees;
- Interactions that you have with the Company’s website, social media, advertisements, etc.
We also collect personal information indirectly. For example, we collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Third-party service providers that provide data to support activities like fraud prevention, marketing, etc.;
- Social media websites;
- Government entities that provide public records;
- Consumer data resellers.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect in a variety of ways, including:
- Managing and delivering the services that you have engaged us to provide;
- Improving user experiences through research on marketing, developing and improving products and services;
- Addressing security issues or system integrity;
- Supporting everyday business operations like monitoring, reporting, accounting, enabling use of service providers for business purposes, etc.;
- Ensuring compliance with our legal and/or regulatory obligations, such as assisting with legal requests and demands, responding to audit requests, enabling information security, etc.; and
- Conducting other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Categories of Third Parties to Whom We Disclose Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information. However, we may share Personal Information with third parties. The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information include the following:
- Government agencies;
- Application vendors; and
- Third party service providers.
Changes to this CCPA Privacy Notice
We may make changes to this CCPA Privacy Notice occasionally. We will inform you of changes by posting the revised CCPA Privacy Notice on our website with a revised “Last Updated” date. Unless otherwise stated, the revised CCPA Privacy Notice is effective as of the date the revised Notice is posted on our website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this notice, our general Privacy Notice, your choices and rights under the CCPA, or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp., 1431 Opus Place, Suite 200, Downers Grove, IL 60515